Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why This Blog is Here

This blog title stems from a weekend I had with the Lord back in 2001. I had just gotten done traveling around the States with a team that sang and served the church and I was at a point in my life where I had no idea what I was going to do and I knew I needed to seek the Lord about my direction and to renew my spiritual health.
During those three days of seeking the Lord He graciously led me to John 15, and as I meditated on those precious words my soul was restored by the great truth that apart from Him I could do nothing. Abiding in the sacrificial life of Christ was the key to fruitful Christian living and the key to a life of worship in spirit and in truth.
It was an eye opening time for me, and serves as the heart and soul of any ministry that God has or will bless me with. Realizing that through Jesus Christ's sacrificial life, death, and resurrection my life is lived for Him I can do no less than love Him and obey His commands in order to bring Him glory. This is a life of worship: ascribing worth to the great God of the universe, fully acknowledging that all of the fruit of my Christian life is from Him, springing up for His glory, and intended ultimately to bring Him honour (John 15:8).
Not many people can say things better than John Piper, and I love what he says about worship in his book Let The Nations Be Glad : "If the pursuit of God's glory is not ordered above the pursuit of man's good in the affections of the heart and the priorities of the church, man will not be well served, and God will not be duly honored." (p.17) And again: "All of history is moving toward one great goal, the white-hot worship of God and His Son among all the peoples of the earth." (p.20)
So I hope that this blog will serve to encourage the faithful to abide in Christ, trusting Him for any fruit and every comfort. I pray that it will also stir "white-hot" worship of the One who paid our debt and raised this life up from the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment